sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My lexuse 430 locks on the passeanger size 't work. I took

Customer Question

my lexuse 430 locks on the passeanger size don't work. I took to a window guy
he said the acutrar Is not bad, he think something going on int he elertical box of the main window control
Category: Lexus
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the person that looked at it told you a failed power lock switch could cause the locks on just two doors to stop working then I don't put any faith in their diagnosis of the actuators being ok. A master switch issue would prevent all power locks from working, and only from that switch. It wouldn't affect keyless entry or operation from the other power lock switch.

The two doors stopped locking or unlocking at separate times, correct?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't know, I just bought the car and I noticed the passenager doors don't open or lock. bought car as is

The windows do work on the doors where the locks do not?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What do you thing it is I took to dealership they told me I need all 4 acutaors

If they diagnosed the problem in person and did the proper testing I would have no reason to doubt their word.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If two doors work why do I need four actuators . Do you think 2500 dollars is a fair price

You'd have to pose that question to the dealer as they are the ones that said they needed to be replaced. They may have thought they were making excessive noise or found their current draw was too high, or they may have recommended replacing them because they felt the actuators may fail shortly in the future.

I'm showing the labor to replace each latch is one hour and the latches run $744 each, so the price does seem correct if a bit low.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thanks

You're welcome!