Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I just bought 2016 RC F molten Pearl (orange). Unfortunately

Customer Question

I just bought 2016 RC F molten Pearl (orange). Unfortunately I hit a curb and induced two inches by 1/2 inch superficial scratches right above the right rear wheel. What is your approximately estimate of the price as well as th time it will take to fix this?
Thanks
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
PLEASE CALL(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I AM WAITING FOR YOUR CALL NOW
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Will you call within 10 minutes???
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Unfortunately the damage will have to be checked by a body/paint repair center to see the damage to give you an exact estimate.Any body shop you can take it to for a quick inspection will tell you at no cost what it will cost to repair it.If it is only paint that is needed you may be looking around $500 to have sanded and repainted.In some cases touch up paint can be used to cover up the scratches for a much cheaper cost maybe around $100.If there is body damage as well you may need to replace the component damaged (it it is gouged) and this may cost over $1500 to have done and repainted.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No body damage. I just need a shop recommendation that will do an excellent work. I live in the Bay Area
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do Lexus dealerships do this kind of work
?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Best description of the damage. Two spots, each 1 inch in length and 0.5 inch in width. You can see black material in the areas of the scratch. No body damage. DOes not aooear like it will need a filler
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

The Lexus dealer is the best place to speak with on this here as they can tell you who they use (unless they have their own body shop) to repair this here.The facility they use is usually trained to work on their model vehicles and is the best option.Unfortunately I am not located in your area to tell you who is best to do this but I would speak with the dealer to see if they have their own repair facility to repair this or who they use and recommend as this is the best option to get it look new again.

It it is just scratches and no damage to the panel then most likely just a sand and paint anywhere from around $300 to $800 all depending on how much they have to blend in to match your paint so it looks like nothing has happened.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
how long does it ussually take to sand repaint a bumper, for example?
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

It depends on how busy the body shop is but once they get on your vehicle it can take a couple to four days all depending on how much work is needed.I have seen some do it in one day with you being able to pick it up the next day.

Thanks Pete