Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

My rx300 just starting acting like the motor is going to

Customer Question

my rx300 just starting acting like the motor is going to explore what one i get above 40-45 it goes back to normal
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: car idle fines, i put in gear to drive it, it sounds a machine gun and shakes the whole car i push it up to 40mph and it goes away
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lexus Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** on description this would sound like a worn transmission or motor mount. You will need to look eat each mount during problem to see which one has the most play then replace. This would be around $400 to have done at a shop. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.