Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working as an ASE certified tech.
7276279

How do I stop my steering wheel from telescoping in as it's

Customer Question

How do I stop my steering wheel from telescoping in as it's broken now and won't automatically come back out?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2001 LS430
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lexus Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

One way you may be able to stop it from telescoping in would be to unplug the power telescopic motor once the steering the steering wheel in in the position you want it. Doing so should stop it from moving.The motor is located at the base of the steering column.