Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Would like to sell my 2008 Lexus 400h but the Check Hybrid

Customer Question

Would like to sell my 2008 Lexus 400h but the Check Hybrid system light is on although I'm having no trouble with the car whatsoever.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Car has 198,000 miles and I recently replaced my radiator after having some over heating issues and no heat this past fall.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lexus Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. .Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The Check Hybrid system light can come on for a variety of reasons, and not cause any negativity when driving. The light can come on if the High Voltage battery cooling can is not working right, which is a very common thing on a car with over 150,000 miles on it. The best thing to do would be to get the car scanned. Only after a scan will you know exactly what the issue is. Without the results of the scan, all we would be doing is speculation. Since it runs OK, it is most likely nothing really problematic.

Please confirm that you have received my input. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks.