lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

My Passenger door wont unlock with the key I put my hand on

Customer Question

hello So my Passenger door wont unlock with the key I put my hand on their and all doors unlock except the passenger one. you know what it could be ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Okay so when i get close to the car and put my hand on the drivers door the doors unlock on the passengers seats except the one on drivers seat? i tried using the switch inside and it wont lock it either, but it will lock all others. So a went manual and used the key, it opens that is the only way i can unlock it at the moment
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lexus Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist. As I understand you, the passenger door does not unlock via the touch function, but the other doors do unlock. Is this correct? Your initial request is a tiny bit confusing. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is correct, When i pressed the lock button from the inside it still does not lock or unlock. I have to use the key which it comes with to unlock it.

Ok. Thanks This sounds like you have a faulty door lock actuator solenoid inside the passenger side door. There may be several reasons for this. The actuator motor may be bad or stuck, the wire connector may have come off or is corroded with water entry, the arm on the unit is not connected to the door lock lever, it could be several things, only taking it apart and looking at the general condition would teel most of this, but, experience here usually indicates that the solenoid has failed and will need replaced.