Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working as an ASE certified tech.
7276279

My name is ***** ***** I'm having problem with my trunk ..

Customer Question

Hello. My name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm having problem with my trunk .. Lexus 350 and 2009 Awd
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lexus Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: It won't stay closed
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you can explain what type of problem you are having with your trunk and post back with complete details I will try and help you get this resolved.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My trunk cant stay shut. The car reads that trunk is open. I close it and press down til I hear a click but it pops open when I drive or when I pull it open.The button inside the car and the button on the remote can't open the trunk.(I do hear a beep when using the remote)I'm thinking the latch is bad and/or the latch motor now. Ive been having this problem since Sunday.I changed the (truck open fuse) I've check the trunk valet button.
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

I would agree with you , it sounds like the latch is not holding as long as it not being activated while driving.