sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a Lexus Es300 1995. The radio display turns on,

Customer Question

I have a Lexus Es300 1995. The radio display turns on, Climate control turns on. But no sound out of the radio. do you think it is the 15AMP fuse next to the steering wheel. because the amplifier does NOT smell so we know it is not blown. but the amp in under the hood is in for the radio in the 20 AMP but we did not check the 15AMP fuse for the cigarette/Radio fuse. does that have affect on the sound not working?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the radio is turning on then it's fuse won't be blown.

Lack of sound could be the radio, the amp, a loss of power or ground to the amp, or multiple wiring/speaker issues. If you lost all speakers at once there is little change that you have wiring or speaker problems.

By far the most likely cause for a sudden loss of sound is the amp. The powers and grounds to the amp can be tested as well as the radio's signal to it, if ok then the amp can be condemned.