FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFICATION, AA DEGREE
1627031

Mi name is ***** *****, Mi car has The code p0440 And i

Customer Question

Mi name is ***** ***** , Mi car has The code p0440 And i change The gas cap But still The code has not disapear
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Is a 2000 lexus And The scanner reads The code p0440 I am trying to find out how to fix it Without spending so MUCH money
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lexus Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Can you tell me which model Lexus this is?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is a Lexus GS(###) ###-####ear
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. And how long after the cap was replaced and the code was erased did the code come back?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replace The cap today And run The car for a while then, i scan The car And The code still pop
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. After installing a new cap it can take over 50 key cycles before the code resets. If your scan tool does not have the ability to reset it you will need to give it more time to do so.