Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Running into some overheating and running hot issues with my

Customer Question

running into some overheating and running hot issues with my 2001 toyota solara. it has a rebuilt engine in it with new water pump, all around coolant sensors, OEM thermostat, radiator. Driving down the road the car will run hot probably about 3/4 of the temperature gauge. I have an electrical probably with the cooling fans so i unplugged them so they run all the time until i can troubleshoot that problem. It also has a resurfaced head and block mating surface with a new head gasket. doesn't have any emissions in the coolant system. What else could the problem be?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you havent had the coolant system flushed to remove any blockage or debris from the radiator and engine block this should be done and can cause this here.I would have the coolant system flushed out to free up and remove debris then re check to see if it over heats from there.If it does even though the head and head gasket have been checked/replaced I would have a block test done to see if any exhaust gasses are still making it into the cooling system as this can sometimes indicates either the head gasket not sealing,cracked head or in some cases a cracked engine block.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete