Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working as an ASE certified tech.
7276279

My ls 430 RH front door easy lock has to be at certain

Customer Question

my ls 430 RH front door easy lock has to be at certain distance from the car body to work. If it is too close it doesn't work. The lock has been replaced lately. Now sometimes I have to pull it outside a little bit to work.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to try and help you we need to know what year your Lexus is. Post back with complete details and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LS430 , year 2006
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Is the problem only occurring with the RH door?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is the one I notice.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Where you having this problem before the lock was replaced?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Well I am unsure what is causing this but it sounds like the new lock and or the linkage may be binding. Unfortunately with out being able to look at it I can not say for sure. I can open the post back up for you in hopes someone else has ran across this type of problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was happening with the old one before being broken
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay Im not sure this is something I am going to be able to fix from here. Ill open the post back up for you in hopes someone else has ran across this type of problem. If the can help you they will post back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has been 24 hrs since our last chat and still no reply!!!!!!!!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is another 24 hrs and still no reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!