Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working as an ASE certified tech.
7276279

2008 Lexus LS460. Mileage 14500 Miles 1. Battery discharged

Customer Question

2008 Lexus LS460.
Mileage 14500 Miles1. Battery discharged if left sitting locked over night.
2. Parking brake (on) lamp on dash on.. when car is shut off and locked left sitting, parking brake lamp stays on.
3. Parking brake fault message comes on .... see dealer.
4. Trunk open function is intermittent.... works sometimes but more reliable when engine running
5. Audio system volume operation is intermittent... i.e turn volume up nothing happens with either steering wheel or stereo button.Any ideas what could be causing these tricky issues. Dealer is not an option, non available
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to get some idea what may be causing the problem you are having the first thing you are going to need to do is to scan the computer system and see if there are any fault codes setting in the Electric Park Brake System. The light staying on is likely causing the battery to drain. If you can get the scan done and post back with the results I will try and help you determine the cause.