lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

Ok thanks..I own a lexus ismodel..and rescently it stopped

Customer Question

My name is Mel
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: ok thanks..I own a lexus is(###) ###-####model..and rescently it stopped me on the roadside..the steering and brakes became stiff..and the car went off..attempts to start engine was in vein..the dash light kept coming on with kicking..check vsc on the dash board..I cald an eletrician who was able to start with another battery and discovered the car went off when he switched to my own battery..He explained my alternator was faulty which i repaired..It was better only for it to show the same signs yesterday on my way home..This time i parked in my house..tried to start but was unable..i left it and started early this morning..it started showing on the dashboard..check vsc and also the engine light was on..i put off and started again..and it started but showing those signs on the board. I was scared of driving it to work hence being dissappionte on the high way
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lexus Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok thanks.. i have paid and debited
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 11 months ago.

Where did you purchase the alternator from that you installed? Did you have the battery tested? After you installed the alternator did you check the output of the alternator to see what the voltage and amperage is? Do you have a code reader to check for codes that may be set in the computer?