Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Intermittent headlight (low beam) 350 on driver's side. put

Customer Question

intermittent headlight (low beam) for rx 350 on driver's side. put in a new bulb same thing. thought I may have just purchased a bad bulb so I swapped from the passenger side. passenger side is fine same issue with the driver side.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: light comes on very dim and flickering when the headlights are cycled. then goes out after about 1 min. stays off until they are cycled and the same thing happens
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lexus Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs done here if this hasnt been done already is to inspect the wiring leading to the head light itself for any damage or corrosion needing repaired.I have seen faulty wiring cause this issue here before.If the wiring is found to be o.k. then the next step is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.If the wiring is all o.k.and no codes set let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete