john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  15 years as a auto tech Ase Certified
6149662

I have an 2004 rx330 and recently had the rack replaced.

Customer Question

Hi I have an 2004 rx330 and recently had the rack replaced. When we got the car back we noticed that when going over b8mps, there is a hard knock coming from the right side front. Can you tell me what that could be?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 10 months ago.

did the noise start right after the rack replacement?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
right after the replacement

have you brought it back to the repair facility? has the front end been checked for loose pats?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
In the process of doing that
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
But would like to know what it could be

it could be the steering gear not fastened properly, a loos sway bar link or failing control arm.. I would have the double check the front steering linkage and suspension.. Sounds like a workmanship issue

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks is this something that I could check on my own before I take it back to the shop anything visually that I could check??

do you have a jack and can you identify frt end parts?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i do have a Jack

jack it up and check for loose parts shake the wheels left to right and up and down for play ...check the sway bar links also