Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My car won't start 2005 excited 330. Roadside assistance

Customer Question

My car won't start 2005 excited 330. Roadside assistance said my security system needs to be reset. Any ideas?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If your security system has engaged and no security components were replaced to cause this here this can indicate that a fault with one of the engine immobilizer components has failed.In some cases this is the key itself that needs replaced or the transponder key amplifier itself.The relearn has to be done with a dealers scan tool/computer plugged into your vehicle if a relearn is needed but usually if there is a relearn that is needed and no components were replaced this indicates a security component has failed needing replaced.

The fault codes will need read out to with a scan tool that can communicate with all computers to see what codes are set then from there it can be diagnosed and repaired then the key relearned.The only relearn I see for this model here is with a dealers scan tool/computer connected to your vehicle and a dealer may charge anywhere from a half hour to an hours labor.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete