Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My name is ***** *****, and I am experiencing a similar

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, my name is ***** *****, and I am experiencing a similar problem as the poster on the page I am reading. I think I need to try some of these steps.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2007 IS250, car shut down while driving earlier today. Current condition is that the remote does not unlock the doors or the trunk. Inside the car, when I press the start button without foot on the brake, the car enters accessory mode. When I try to start the car, the entire display turns off, and basically resets as if I powered the car down. The headlights do work, and I had them on for about 20 minutes to see if this was a battery defect, but no issue with the lights. Battery terminal seems secure, and it has not been recently replaced. I believe that the P/S light is on, when it was not before, but I do not remember for certain.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lexus Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Just to be sure that this isnt a battery voltage issue I would try a jump start or battery re charge and see if this then allows the engine to start and run properly.Even though the battery is new or replaced the battery itself can be a defective battery causing this fault here needing replaced again or there may be an issue with a lack of charge from the alternator causing this fault.If this has already been checked and found o.k. for sure here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello, this did not solve the problem.
1. I removed battery, and it was fully discharged (no previous issue with battery)
2. Charged the battery fully for 2 hrs, and had it tested at local auto parts store (device said battery was good)
3. Put battery back in car, but it again would not start. (Also, the radio and A/C unit do not power on). (The lights do power on). After a full charge I can unlock the doors with the remote, but still cannot lock the doors, or open the trunk with the remote.
4. I am not sure how to check the alternator. as the car is immobile, and it does not start.
Please advise.
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

O.k.,if the battery is fully charged this wouldnt be an alternator issue keeping the engine from starting.Have you checked to make sure all fuses are good including the larger fuses in the engine fuse panels for any blown fuses needing replaced?