Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I was looking at a carfax on a 2013 lexus es-350 that showed

Customer Question

I was looking at a carfax on a 2013 lexus es-350 that showed it had the steering wheel centered and 4 wheel alignment done twice in a year and now is for sale. Is this a warning sign?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. 4 wheel alignments are not uncommon. We recommend a minimum of one per year. If the car is driven in an area where snow tires are fitted, it is always prudent to realign the car after the snow tires are fitted, and then realigned when the summer tires are fitted. Additionally, anytime new tires are purchased, it is always recommended that the car be realigned. Since you did not mention any repair bills for bent suspension components, I would not consider 2 alignments in a year a warning sign.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK just to follow up.....below is the carfax for a 2013 lexus I am considering buying. I see that on 1/19/2015 the steering wheel was centered and alignment done. I see the same work done when the car was traded in on 9/11/2015.I have not seen this on a lexus carfax before and I have looked at a number of them. So I just want to confirm that this is not some kind of warning flag about the car. Thanks.01/30/2013 New Jersey
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Trenton, NJ
Title #GD20130300279 Title issued or updated
Registration issued or renewed
First owner reported
Titled or registered as personal lease vehicle
Vehicle color noted as Red06/28/2014 9,837 Haldeman Lexus of Princeton
Lawrence Township, NJ
(###) ###-#### ***** 10,000 mile service performed01/02/2015 14,522 Haldeman Lexus of Princeton
Lawrence Township, NJ
(###) ###-#### ***** 15,000 mile service performed01/19/2015 14,561 Haldeman Lexus of Princeton
Lawrence Township, NJ
(###) ###-#### ***** Four wheel alignment performed
Steering wheel centered09/09/2015 Lawrence Lexus
Lawrenceville, NJ
(###) ###-#### ***** Vehicle offered for sale09/11/2015 19,005 Haldeman Lexus of Princeton
Lawrence Township, NJ
(###) ###-#### ***** Pre-delivery inspection completed
Oil and filter changed
Four wheel alignment performed
Steering wheel centered
Washed/detailed
Cabin air filter replaced/cleaned
Air filter replaced

This is not a warning. It is common for a dealership to perform an alignment before they offer the car for sale. This ensures that the car is not out of alignment when it is sold. I would not be concerned over this. In fact, it is a very good thing.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.