lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

Please i need your help/guidance. i have a 2008 lexus LS460.

Customer Question

hi. please i need your help/guidance. i have a 2008 lexus LS460. the steering became stiff and it was identified that the steering rack has gone bad. the rack was replaced. the ECU too was replaced, yet programming it throws up and error. frankly i am tired replacing parts and need your advice. also can the electric steering rack be replaced with the conventional power steering that uses a pump and fluid?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  piciu1982 replied 10 months ago.

you need to do diagnostics with some kind of scantool that can read electric power steering ecu, and provide me trouble codes so I can help you, as for modification to hydraulic power steering, I don't think its possible, you need power steering pump, you need different steering rack, hoses, lines,