Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My fob suddenly stopped working.(will not open door when my

Customer Question

My fob suddenly stopped working.(will not open door when my Hand is placed on the handle. All other features works fine eg. Auto start etc.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

In allot of cases this may be a fault with the battery(ies) in the fob itself needing replaced.They may be weak causing this fault here as I have seen before and had to replace.If these have not been checked to see if they are the cause here this needs done and if found at fault the batteries will need replaced.If they have been checked or are replaced and the fault still occurs here this can be a fault with the fob itself internally needing replaced.It may still allow the starting circuit to work but it may not be sending a signal out to allow unlocking and opening the doors.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete