Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working as an ASE certified tech.
7276279

My hybrid lexus ct 200 won't start. think my key battery is

Customer Question

Customer: my hybrid lexus ct 200 won't start. think my key battery is dead?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: push foot on break and push start button, car reads , no key detected
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Lexus Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: read manual and tried to put key to power button, push break and then push power button and still it won't start. trying to get a key now, friend is bringing one,
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are describing may be a battery concern but in order to be able to help you determine the cause you need to list what year your Lexus is that you are working on. Post back with complete details and we can work from there.> in the mean time try your spare key and see if it will work. If it dose not then its not likely a battery concern.