lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

1990 lexus LS400 wont turn over or make a sound when key is

Customer Question

1990 lexus LS400 wont turn over or make a sound when key is turned even when trying to jump start. It's been acting this way for a cpl of months most of the time it starts fine you drive to the store and when you leave it won't start come by an hour later fires right up.. I drive a truck so I'm got 2 or 3 weeks at a time.. this time she won't even turnover but all dash lights come on.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  SARMIENTO22556 replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I will try my best to help you with your concern.

Usually the alarm system will not keep the vehicle from cranking. Usually it will crank and not start. That's what seems to be going on with your vehicle. It sounds like you have a starter issue. The starter is intermittently failing causing a no crank condition. Would you ike to try and diagnose this yourself? do you have access to a volt meter?