Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working as an ASE certified tech.
7276279

What error codes would come up if the IPM were to go bad? I

Customer Question

Hello - what error codes would come up if the IPM were to go bad? I had this replaced 2 years ago under recall and all of a sudden, all the symptoms showed up again. VSC light and check engine light came on, and very high-pitched alarm (like if you left the lights on) - would not go off. The brakes were pumping by themselves.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

There are several codes that can set but in order to know what is actually causing the lights to come on you need to have the system scanned and the actual fault code and or codes retrieved. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will advise you from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ron:I just submitted this again but did not see your response. The vehicle was coming up with C1256, C1364, and C1365. Also a code on the paperwork says VILRBL - don't know what that is. I had the IPM replaced 2 years ago under warranty but the symptoms are exactly the same as if the IPM had failed. Thank you, ***** *****
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Denise,

The codes you have listed indicate a problem with the Antilock Brake System (ABS) Control Module and or the circuit to it and to be sure you are going to need to have some testing done.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, Ron. They told me that "maybe" it is the Actuator and "Maybe" the EPM. $4000 for the first and $2000 for the second - not sure which one it is. Does this sound right? If the IPM was bad, what error codes would come up?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

It could be any number of fault codes but not usually any related to the ABS system which the codes you have listed are all related to . They are all ABS system codes.