Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Jump start my RX 350 today now the car starts but would not

Customer Question

Customer: Jump start my RX 350 today now the car starts but would not drive. The check engine light came on and another light said VSC. Can you please help. Thank you Kay
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the battery was dead there fore I got another car with a cable to give me a jump start. IT did not jump start he then charged the battery with his car for about 15 minutes. Then the car starts, after i put into drive the car would not move. Check engine light came on and another light said VSC
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Lexus Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: WHAT WILL YOU GUYS DO AND HOW DO YOU GET PAID?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. I see you have waited a while for someone to help you. Apologies for that. If you still need assistance on this issue I will be glad to help you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Customer: Jump start my RX 350 today now the car starts but would not drive. The check engine light came on and another light said VSC. Can you please help. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the battery was dead there fore I got another car with a cable to give me a jump start. IT did not jump start he then charged the battery with his car for about 15 minutes. Then the car starts, after i put into drive the car would not move. Check engine light came on and another light said VSC

When you say it will not drive, does the engine start but the engine will not increase RPM when you press the gas pedal?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
engine is running but you cannot excelarate
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This is the most bullshit stuff, I have ever encountered. I am calling Paypal you Guys needed to get your act together.

I am sorry for your frustration. I need to ask questions in order to better assist you. With that being said, please go to the vehicle and open the hood, then open the fuse panel. On the fuse panel there is a label that tells you where the fuses are. Locate and remove the fuse labeled ETCS. Examine the fuse for being blown. This fuse is for the throttle motor. If this fuse is bad, there is no power to the throttle motor, and, because of no power, the throttle will not energize. The throttle motor is what causes the engine to accelerate.