Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

After several days of rainy weather, the floor on the

Customer Question

Customer: After several days of rainy weather, the floor on the driver's side of my 2004 Lexus RX330 was soaking wet. What's causing it and how can I fix the problem?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That's about it. I called the Lexus dealer and he advised me that the water is probably coming from a blocked sunroof drain, but I don't know where the drain lines run. I found the drain hole in the sunroof channel, and there's nothing blocking the opening.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Lexus Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I'm willing to wait and pay the fee, but only if you can tell me where to find the drain outlet under the vehicle.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  camerontech replied 1 year ago.

hi there,

im cam, a licenced diagnostic tech

the drains are bad for blocking on these models, not generally at the top, but at the drain box in the front kick panels.

these must be located and cleaned. they are in the kick panel areas by your feet. locate the drain and clean any debris blocking it.

i have found a youtube video that shows where the water come in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWNAfd0Q9X4

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not get a clear answer to my question about the location of the bottom drains for the sunroof on my Lexus RX330 question. You mentioned something about "kick panels" but I don't know where these are. I located the drains in the sunroof channel and there is no blockage there. I watched several videos (Utube) including the one you referred me to, but I still don't know where the bottom drain outlets are. You mentioned that this if most probably the problem. I agreed to pay for the service if this information was provided. I don't feel that it has been yet.
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Different expert here. Please allow me to assist on this request. The first thing we need to do is get an accurate diagnosis to what is causing the water entry. We need to determine, yes or no, if the sunroof drains are indeed the issue. The easiest way yo determine this is to open the sunroof fully, and with a spouted watering can, pour water into the area where each if the drain holes are at the sunroof housing (or have a helper do this; make sure you have at least 2 quarts of water in your watering can). Then move quickly to look under the vehicle on the metal frame area right behind the front wheels. If the drains are clear, you will see water draining out onto the ground. Please try this and advise if water pours out or not.