Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working as an ASE certified tech.
7276279

My Lexus hybrid will not start. I get an error message

Customer Question

My Lexus hybrid will not start. I get an error message saying check hybrid system
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My husband unplugged the orange cap in the spare tire area prior to the car not starting
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The check hybrid system warning light come on when the computer system sees a system fault and in order to determine the cause you are going to need to start first with having the computer system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved. If you can get this done and post back with the results we can work from there to determine the cause.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't had the problem solved yet. My husband is going to Autozone to get a code reader.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

A code reader will not retrieve codes from all modules and may not give you the code and or codes you need.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Then what should I do?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Im most cases to properly retrieve all fault codes you will need a Lexus compatible scan tool. Unfortunately if you do not have access to one then your looking at having it done by a shop that has access to one.