Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My door lock actuators and trunk lock are not working

Customer Question

my door lock actuators and trunk lock are not working
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The first thing to check is to make sure the Door1,ECU IG No.1,ECU-ACC and Door No.2 fuses are all good.If these fuses are all o.k. and you have not had any after market components wired into your vehicle at all most likely this fault is caused by a fault with the Main Body ECU itself as this ecu controls the lock actuators.I have seen this ECU fail in the past before causing this issue here needing replaced.

The cost can run around $500 for the ECU in some cases and an hours labor to have replaced and programmed.It is located up under the dash on the drivers side as seen here.https://www.dropbox.com/s/nxn7bly4urk133z/ecu-12-30.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I just had my starter replaced could this have caused the issue. It wasn't a Lexus starter.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

A starter usually wont cause this here unless some of the wiring was left disconnected from it as some models have fusible links connected to the starter positive stud or if the cables shorted when it was replaced and shorted out any fuses or the body ecu.

I would have the starter connections checked for any issues needing corrected as well as all fuses checked to see if any need replaced.If these are all o.k. then I suspect the body ecu needs replaced.

Thanks Pete