lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

I have 1999 lexus ES300 i am getting VSC VSC OFF and check

Customer Question

Customer: I have 1999 lexus ES300 i am getting VSC VSC OFF and check engine light on
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had these lights on...went to autozone they cleared the codes and then i drove the car for more than 800 miles, it dint come on then all lights came on again after driving 810 miles
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Lexus Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Without knowing exactly what codes were read and cleared, it is hard to say exactly what the root cause is. Would you happen to have the print-out of the codes? If not, and the light stayed off for 800 miles, I would be inclined to think that you have an emission control issue....either an oxygen sensor or a possible a fuel cap issue. If you had the codes that would be a tremendous help. Please advise.