rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Daughter's 2010 RX350 will not start. After entering car,

Customer Question

Daughter's 2010 RX350 will not start. After entering car, seat and steering wheel adjust, lights are on, radio on, gps/info screen on. But depress brake pedal and push start button, nothing happens.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Those items take very little current to operate, so you really do need to have the battery tested. Also check the cables for tightness and corrosion. Check for a good connection at the starter. check the brake switch operation from the ignition switch too. test the starter also.

Thanks, Ron