Greg
Greg, Import tech
Experience:  17 year shop owner
29331485

Sir, my 2006 Lexus won't start. I check the battery and had

Customer Question

sir, my 2006 Lexus won't start. I check the battery and had a new Altinator put in! I had it for two days it's been fine! I got back in the car from shopping and I had no battery and not even the dash board had lights and it wouldn't start
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Greg replied 11 months ago.

Okay looks like you have a parasitic draw on the battery , meaning something is staying on when the car is switched off .

Most common drain on battery's are aftermarket radio or other electrical add on's.

Doors not closing fully or bad door switch leaving inner lights on and draining the battery .

If the alternator was replaced because it was not charging then check the battery ,your battery may not be holding a charge

and draining itself over a few hrs from internal battery damage ..

Here is a good link to show you how to check yourself for a battery drain.

Please click here ..

Need any follow up help then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service.
This way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .

Kind regards Greg.