john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  15 years as a auto tech Ase Certified
6149662

Dose the new grill in the lexus RX 35 2016, makes it more

Customer Question

Dose the new grill in the lexus RX 35 2016 , makes it more prone to damage to the motor in case of accidents ?
I got a quote of $50000 on a $51888 Lexus RX 350 , leather ,navigator but the stearing wheal is not wood , its only leather is that a good deal or can i negotiate it more?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 11 months ago.

more prone to damage how?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It looks week there is no bumper in the middle so in my openion the grill can easily break ,also what hapens in an accident will the radiator and motor are only be protected with this grill?

the inner structure is pretty rugged and should not cause engine damage unless its a real hard hit. I would not worry about that..They are a well built vehicle.. Generally there is more room for negotiation if you have your own financing in line.. the easier it is for them to sell you the car the better odds you have for negotiation. Always at minimum get quotes from 3 dealers its amazing what price shopping can do.. They have a little more wiggle room truecar.com is real for comparing prices

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
is there a metal bar or foam to protect the radiator? I got several quots ,they are refusing to go any lower, how much lower can it go in your openion?

yes the radiator support , basically the inner skeleton of the engine bay..i think you can shave another 1000