Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working as an ASE certified tech.
7276279

I've got a question about my Lexus ES330 and my occupant

Customer Question

Hi...I've got a question about my Lexus ES330 and my occupant classification system. I've got the B1650 code and B1785 code (rear LH collision detection). The car has not been in a collision that I am aware of...much of the documentation I'm reading states that I need to perform a zero point calibration and/or a sensitivity check.
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am using techstream to diagnose the issue..can you walk me through any procedures in techstream that could possibly remediate this issue along with the zero pont calib and/or sensitivity check?
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you are sure the car has not been wrecked the the place to start is to try performing the Occupant Classification System (OCS) Initialization. Lexus release a service bulletin in 2004 for the proper steps to do this procedure. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view the steps.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Occupant%20Classification%20System%20%28OCS%29%20Initialization%20Dec%2020.pdf