Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My Name is ***** *****. My wife's RX 300 door locks are inop

Customer Question

Customer: My Name is ***** *****. My wife's RX 300 door locks are inop at drivers door and at pass door key, also the climate control panel won't respond to any inputs.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I did visuasl inspection on fuses, none appear blown. Unfortunately my DVOM is dead. Got wet.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Lexus Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Got nothing to lose.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The climate control system went to high blower (cold air only) and I had no heat, I pushed the off button and it went off but hasn't responded since then. I was an A.S.E. Certified hvac and electrical in the early '90's so I'm not totally clueless. Just on this car LOL.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The issue with the heater/ac system sounds to be the control on the dash itself at fault.I have seen this fail before several times needing removed and replaced to correct this here.The power and ground signals need tested to it and the fault codes checked in all computers as this will help locate if this is the cause here for sure.I can tell you how to test this if you want that info.

As for the door lock this is usually a faulty lock actuator on one or more doors needing replaced.This will also need tested further to be sure this is the cause here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete