lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

I have a lexus is250 auto. Took battery out to charge at

Customer Question

I have a lexus is250 auto. Took battery out to charge at home now car will not start.dashboard lights up asked to depress break which I'm doing but start stop not turning green. Can't switch radio on or door mirrors or windows etc
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 11 months ago.

At any time did this vehicle get jumped backwards or did you accidentally install the battery cables wrong even for a split second? Are you 100% certain the battery did not get charged backwards?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Battery correct. Took battery out charged it correctly. Asks me to depress brake but start switch stays amber
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No power to anything but the speedo etc

When you depress the brake pedal firmly to the brake lights come on? Do you have a voltmeter with a reasonable knowledge of how to use it or a simple 12 V test light?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Brake lights come on. 2X 30 amp fuse blown. I think possibly the amp is ca using a short if that helps

Which 30 amp fuses were blown? Did you replace them yet and you still have no power to anything on the instrument panel? Did you check all of the fuses under the hood in that fuse box in the fuse box inside the car? Do you have power to all of the fuses except the headlights unless the headlights are on?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm replacing one more 30 amp tomorrow. Disconnected the amp as before amp disconnected as soon as you tried to replace the fuse it would just blow straight away. Disconnected amp in boot and the 30 amp did not blow so need one more to replace. Do u think I should disconnect the battery over night until the new fuse is in place ?

Yes I would disconnect the battery then let me know how it goes tomorrow I will have limited time tomorrow due to family functions for the holidays. Make sure you check voltage to all of the fuses let me know if any do not have power. Or if they're blown.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I understand no problem will disconnect battery replace the fuses and leave the amp disconnected for now and then reconnect battery and see what happens. Will give update

ok

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Have a great day

thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok so update time. Battery charged all fuses good amp removed from car. Gear position on dashboard nothing showing car in park . Foot on break start stop but stays orange
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Stereo not coming on. Electric seats not working nor electric windows or door mirrors. Central locking not working

Do you have a code reader to see if it will communicate with the computer and check for codes? Do you have a voltmeter or test light?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Code reader will not respond no power going to the obd connector

You're going to need to check for power to all the fuses do you have 12 V to all of the fuses outside of the hood and in the fuse block under the instrument panel? This can be done by probing the small indentations on the back of each fuse using a voltmeter or simple 12 V test light. Make sure the key is in the on position.