sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Looking EXPERT on radio wiring on a 2013-2015 Lexus GS350?

Customer Question

Looking for an EXPERT on radio wiring on a 2013-2015 Lexus GS350?
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Radio works perfectly, Bluetooth sync, audio streams just fine, but I have no sound /volume. The amp has been checked, it works fine and the head unit has no issues. All fuses have been checked as well as all connections to the speakers.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The issue has to either be the amp, the radio, a loss of power or ground to the radio, or an issue affecting every speaker input or output to/from the amp at the same time, which would be very unlikely. It would also be unlikely for the radio to operate but not send a signal to the amp, the problem is going to involve the amp in some way.

What exactly was done to test the radio and amp?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took an amp out of a identical car, switched them. My amp worked fine in the other car and the other amp had the same "symptoms" in my car (that amp worked fine in its own car). Everything on the radio works just fine as it should. All the speakers have been tested and their connection. I comes down basically to no sound, period.

Have the amp powers and grounds been tested?