Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working as an ASE certified tech.
7276279

I'm ***** *****. It is an issue with the fob 2003 x470. When

Customer Question

Customer: I'm ***** *****. It is an issue with the fob for my 2003 x470. When I unlock the car there there are two beeps and the lights flash. When I lock the car, it locks , but without the lights flashing and without any beep.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It just started today. I haven't used the truck as a daily driver fro the last two weeks as I have been working remotely. I've been driving it intermittently.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Lexus Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: OK
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

When unlocking the truck with the remote you should see the light flash and the beep. This is normal operation. If there is a problem with it not flashing the light and beeping when you lock it then in order to determine what is causing this problem you are going to need to start with having the system scanned and see if there are any fault codes setting int he system. With out doing so there really is no way to know what is causing this if in fact you do have a problem with the system.