lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

The rear power lift on my 2012 rx350 works when it feels

Customer Question

Customer: The rear power lift on my 2012 rx350 works when it feels like it. Mostly in warm weather. I can press the button and get a beep followed by a quieter beep and some unlocking sounds but no movement.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I replaced the struts $200ea, when it works it works just fine. When it doesn't it seems to unlock then lock again. At these times no amount of button pushing changes things. The vehicle was in an accident and hit in the left rear wheel area. But, the power lift has worked well during the the past 10 mos. since repairs were done.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Lexus Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

.