Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My 2006 Lexus GS 300 has been really hard on it's battery.

Customer Question

My 2006 Lexus GS 300 has been really hard on it's battery. Good batteries will die when the car is not used. We've been using it daily for 2 years without any problems till this week, low battery won't start or unlock with remote. Display says VCS check, any ideas? We have had Sears check the DieHard that's in it & I have given it a good slow charge. Still worried that it may act up on us again at a bad time.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like a battery drain/draw issue.What will need to be done is to have a battery drain/draw test performed to locate which component is at fault causing this issue here.Once this is done the faulty electrical component is usually replaced.If you want I can post the procedure on how to test this here just let me know.It will require a multi meter to do this testing.If you do not have this tool it is best tested by someone that does.Components like a fault in the radio or a stuck on relay or switch will cause this here needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete