Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I have a 95 Lexus 400. Only the drivers window works and the

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** I have a 95 Lexus 400. Only the drivers window works and the other 3 are dead from the master switch or from the doors. I have replaced the master switch with a used on on line but it didn't do anything. What should I do next.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I told you everything in my original question.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Lexus Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Before we do anything, let's make sure the lock out switch is not activated

If the lockout is not activated I suspect a problem in the lockout switch on the replacement unit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are saying the lockout switch is bad in both my original unit and the replacement unit so I should get another one. It couldn't be a fuse or door computer?

If the driver side window works, the fuse is good. Power is allowed to flow from the lockout switch (where power comes into it) to power the other three switches on the panel. If the main panel switches are not powered, no other door switch will work.

There could be a problem in the driver door ECU, but, it would rarely not allow all three windows to be inoperative.