FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFICATION, AA DEGREE
1627031

I have a 2006 Lexus is250. It won't start, car unlocks,

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2006 Lexus is250. It won't start, car unlocks, locks fine but the push start button won't turn any color when I have the inside. I press the brake to try n started n it won't turn green. It happened once, took it to a mechanic. When it was there he said it started back up when they were checking it, so brought it back home. Now it's doing the same thing. I checked the fuses they all look good. But with a test light some don't light up even when they don't look burned. Does this mean they don't work?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 12 months ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. In some cases this will occur iof the battery is low. From what you are saying it seems like the battery should be fine but I would have it tested because the computer will shut down most of these systems when there is low voltage. If the battery is fine then most of the time this is either due to the key FOB not being picked up or most of the time it is the electronic ignition switch itself. The push button switch is a common failure and when this does not work then most of these fuses will not power up. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more help with this.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Okay well i tried to start it while jump starting it n it didn't work. Would this take out the battery not been good?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
also if the battery was bad, would it have started randomly again after it had already failed? Thank you
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
this morning the car started normally, I haven't done anything to it. It's so wierd n annoying. What can cause it to start randomly like that?

This is not a battery issue then. It sounds like a key fob issue. It can be a connection issue, but it sounds like the fob is not being recognized.