Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

2002 Lexus LX470 Levinson radio.doesn't come on & pwr

Customer Question

2002 Lexus LX470 Mark Levinson radio.doesn't come on & pwr Antenna inop. Fuses check OK.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 12 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Sadly, the problem is inside the unit. There has been a lot of failures with this particular unit recently; my colleagues and I here at Just Answer see Mark Levinson problems every week. If the fuses are all ok, I would recommend replacement of the unit. I wish I had better news for you, but, given the high failure rate on these as of late, replacement is most likely your only option.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank You..The dealer only told me that they would have to remove the unit to send it out for repair at a cost to R&R $145. + $645 for the unit!

I would expect to pay more for the repair.

The normal service fee at the radio facility, where they 'repair' the units is 200 dollars, just to 'open the box'. From there, they tack on the repair charges.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer