sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

No audio in my 2011 lexus is 350

Customer Question

No audio in my 2011 lexus is 350
Category: Lexus
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If all sound was lost at once the issue could be an internal failure in the radio but it's more likely to be an amplifier issue. I'm assuming that the radio does power up and work otherwise normally.

It isn't uncommon for an amp to lock up electronically and come back with a power cycle but I see that you've tried a battery disconnect. It will take some electrical testing to ensure the amp's power and ground feeds are present and a scan tool should be used to ensure the amp isn't operational, but if fuses are good and a power cycle didn't help then odds are the amp is going to need to be replaced.