Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I have a lexus RX350 and an error code P2241. Message reads:

Customer Question

I have a lexus RX350 and an error code P2241.
Message reads:
02 Sensor positive Current Circuit low(Bank 2 Sensor1)
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
1. I also noticed that the maintenance req. indicator is permanently on as well as the tyre pressure indicator.
How do i resolve these as well
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 12 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The P2241 code indicates a failure inside one of the circuits in the Air-Fuel sensor on Bank 2 (that is the side of the engine that faces the radiator; the first sensor in the exhaust stream). Assuming the wire connection is good, I would recommend you have this sensor replaced. The last time I looked, this sensor is about 250 dollars from a dealer parts dept. I would not recommend that you use a non-Lexus sensor. They do not work well and can cause the light to come back on.

The tire pressure light is on due to either a low tire (check the spare if it is full size, it is the most likely one that is low if the others look ok). If all of the tire pressures are on specification, you may have a bad tire pressure sensor. A dealer can check the output of the sensors (they broadcase a signal to the instrument panel computer)/

The MAINT REQD light is on because somebody did not reset it during your last oil change.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi, Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, My local mechanic had gone ahead to replace the sensor. The error is no longer there but other errors have now come up.1. P0051- H025 Heated oxygen sensor - Control Circuit Low (Bank 2 sensor 1)2. P0393 - Camshaft Position Sensor B - Circuit High input (Bank2)Please advice.

Do you know if he used a genuine LEXUS part or a generic one from an auto parts store? The generic ones are known to cause false codes.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Not sure. How do I know the difference?

You need to ask him. The parts are virtually identical. The sensors work on a specific amount of voltage (millivolts). If the sensor is not factory, it can and will send the wrong voltage, or generate an incorrect voltage. We see this all the time in the shop. Non-factory sensors do not work very good in any Toyota, Lexus or Scion.