scionking
scionking, MASTER CERTIFIED
Experience:  5 YRS EXP. ASE MASTER CERTIFIED/ TOYOTA MASTER CERTIFIED
26789525

I have a 2003 rx300 and the radio doesn't work.. lights up..

Customer Question

I have a 2003 rx300 and the radio doesn't work.. lights up.. but cant control/adjust the speaker balance and no volume coming out of the speakers
Category: Lexus
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

I would suspect that something is wrong with the amplifier or the power going to it. Have you checked any fuses? Look for a fuse labeled AMP. Is this a Mark Levinson stereo system?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will look for the fuse. Also the doors will not lock/unlock with the keyfob... looks like the same fuse controls both. Thank you!!
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

The door lock I would suspect may be another issue, but lets work on the radio issue first.

Any luck with checking that fuse?

Is this a Mark Levinson stereo system?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The radio is marked P1714. I haven't had a chance to check the fuse yet. Thank you.
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

There is a fuse in the dash fuse box marked RAD NO2, and two in the fuse box under the hood marked DOME and RAD NO 1. Check all those fuses as well

Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I see you haven't accepted my answer do you require more assistance? If not please accept my answer and rate the service provided.

Thank you for using Just Answer!!