Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

2007 ls 460 drunk latch is sticking I removed the battery to

Customer Question

2007 ls 460 drunk latch is sticking I removed the battery to reset and manually work it. that works until u unlock again. by pressing the unlock trunk on fob seems to further lock the trunk instead of unlocking. its like the sequence is out of sync. the motor and everything else seems 2b working properly. and the trunk release button on the inside doesnt work as well.............
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This fault here can be caused by a faulty trunk lock/release actuator or a fault in some cases with the trunk control unit or Body ECU itself.I have seen all of these fail before in the past causing issues like this here needing replaced.The lock and actuator circuit will need to be tested further to determine which is the cause for sure and from there the affected component replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete