Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working as an ASE certified tech.
7276279

1993 Lexus ls400 vin #JT8UF11E2P0185676. Mechanic has code

Customer Question

1993 Lexus ls400 vin #JT8UF11E2P0185676. Mechanic has code 47 re-appear and failed to fix surging issues when accelerating. Code 41 is supposed to be for the Main TPS and 47 is for the Traction control. I need to know if the replacement and adjustment
process for the TRAC one is the same. Also do you agree this year Lexus has 2 TPS one for the EFI side and one for the transmission/traction. Could use pix of which is which and easiest way to replace. Lexus has a more elaborate method involving a VOM and
clips hooked to some terminal
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Code 47 will set if the Sub Throttle Position Sensor signal voltage is 1.5 volts or more with the idle switch voltage, indicating closed throttle and can be caused by any of the following,

• Sub Throttle Position Sensor
  • Mis-Adjusted Sub Throttle Position Sensor
  • Wiring — Sub throttle position sensor wiring.

In order to determine the cause you are going to need to do some test as well as checking the adjustment. See the steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Sub%20TP%20Nov%2024.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still waiting for a more detailed response on just how to actually read the Track TPS voltages and if wrong how to bring them into the identified numbers. Can I read voltages with the connector off the Trac / Sub tPS (assuming that is correct) ? Again I have two TOS's on the throttle body.