Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working as an ASE certified tech.
7276279

I have a LX470 with a remote start. When I press the button,

Customer Question

I have a LX470 with a remote start. When I press the button, the engine turns over but will not start. When I use the key in ignition, same results. The red security light is flashing.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The security light flashing means the system is not seeing you key, start first with trying your spare key and see if it will allow the car to start. If it will not start with any of the keys then in most cases that means the key have lost there programming and will need to be reprogrammed. There are some locksmiths that can perform this service for you as well as your dealer.