Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I just put an EQ and a 10 inch in my Lexus HS250h

Customer Question

I just put an EQ and a 10 inch in my Lexus HS250h (2010)...the battery a
seems like it is draining..every time I go to start it all the lights come on. If I drive it enough it is fine
Suggestion on battery?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The 12 volt auxiliary battery is insufficient to power any additional accessories. If you add these units, you are exceeding the capability of the battery. All the 12 volt battery is there for is to power up the computers inside the car, not for anything else. The battery is just big enough for what the car needs, and should not be overloaded at all. You might want to look into the OPTIMA line of batteries, I understand the the "d-35" unit will fit thsi car; but I have yet to verify that. You might want to measure and compare. The d-35 is a bit pricey (275 dollars in my area) but worth it if you are going to add units that consume current.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer