Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

LS430 2002... has been parked since my daughter went to

Customer Question

LS430 2002... has been parked since my daughter went to college... battery was dead so I charged it... now the starter turns over but the instrument display and radio does not work and car will not start
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped. I just came online and saw your question

This may be an immobilizer issue, or even a low voltage condition if the battery is not holding the charge you put on it.

Check the voltage at the battery and let me know what it is at this point

Also, is the anti-theft/security light blinking on or staying on steadily

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The voltage at the battery is 12V it is now charged and working fine in a sense that the starter does turn... just the engine electronics are not working including the dash board. The key locks work fine.... How do I resolve an immobilizer issue?
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Is the anti-theft/security light blinking on and off or staying lit as long as the key is in the ignition?

If either case is happening, then it is an immobilizer issue and will require a high end scan tool to diagnose it. If neither is happening, then it is not an immobilizer issue and will need to get into the electrical system at this point