lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

Replaced front passenger hub assembly on 2007 Lexus IS250

Customer Question

replaced front passenger hub assembly on 2007 Lexus IS250 recently because it had little play in it. After replacing with new hub, I turned on car and went 20-30 feet and "Check VSC" light came on along with traction control light and ABS light. Thought the new hub assembly was faulty so replaced it again with a new one, and same lights popped up on dash after driving 20 feet. did replacements with battery off as well. what could it be?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Do you know what code(s) are setting for the ABS/VSC that are causing the lights to come on?

.

Also, do you have a signal from the speed sensor on the hub that you replaced?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
went to autozone to check for codes and there was none. no check engine light.my speedometer still shows the speed I'm going, how do I check signal from speed sensor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
even put the old one back on to see if Check VSC light appeared and they disappeared, only pop up with new hub assembly installed.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

The signal is checked with a scan tool and the little code reader that they use at the parts stored normally only read engine codes. Whenever the lights come on they will store a trouble code in the EBTCM.

.

Are the replacement hubs equipped with the skid control sensor on them or are you transferring them to the new ones?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you think Lexus will scan it for free? don't have a scan tool on hand just a engine code reader.and if your talking about the sensor on the hub assembly yes, they do come with them. checked plug-in to see if it's all the way plugged in also.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what i don't understand is why the old OEM one works just fine, but the new hub throws check VSC.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

There could be a problem with the way they are made if the original one works and the new ones don't. As far as I know Lexus doesn't do anything for free. They may scan it to see if the sensor is sending a signal though, but they may also charge a diagnostic fee for that.

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will take it to the dealership tomorrow to find out codes for you. will i still be able to answer you then?also, do you think maybe a simple recalibration from Lexus will do the trick? since the sensor on the hub assembly was unplugged
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

yes, you can always log back on here and I should be on any time of the day/evening. They don't normally need any re calibrating when replacing the hub and sensor though, thanks